Transfer of Mortgage by Lease and Release, 24-25 March 1829
1. George Brettell, of Alsop's Buildings, p. Marylebone, c. Middlesex, Esq.
2. Dame Martha Rivers Gay, of Winchester, c.Southampton, Widow.
3. William Villiers Surtees, of Devonshire Place, c. Middlesex, Esq., William Green, of Salisbury Square, city of London, Gent., and Edward Leigh Pemberton, of the same, Gent.
Whereas all interest on the 2 principle sums of £6000 and £4000 has been paid but the total principle sum of £10000 remains due to 1.
Whereas 1. has requested payment thereof and 2. has applied to 3. for the payment of the same, to which 3. have agreed, upon the terms that the said repayment should be secured to them as herein after mentioned.
Premises as in 0810/1/72
Consideration: £10000 from 3. to 1.
Endorsed: Transfer of Mortgage by Lease and Release, 29-30 April 1830
1. William Villiers Surtees, of Devonshire Place, c. Middlesex, Esq., William Green, of Salisbury Square, city of London, Gent., and Edward Leigh Pemberton, of the same, Gent.
2. Edward Johnson of Weymouth, c. Dorset, Esq.
Whereas the sum of £10000 is the proper money of 2., 1. being trustees only for the said Edward Johnson.
Whereas 2. has requested the transfer to him of the said total debt of £10000 (£6000 and £4000) and securities thereon.
Premises as within, as security on the sum of £10000, from 1. to 2.