RECORDS OF TRIM STREET UNITARIAN CHAPEL, BATH... RECORDS OF TRIM STREET UNITARIAN CHAPEL, BATH, 1837-1973
RECORDS OF TRIM STREET UNITARIAN CHAPEL, BATH, 1837-1973
B&NES Record Office
The Trim Street congregation first formed in 1672 and are the oldest dissenting meeting group in Bath. Their first meeting house was in Frog Lane in 1692 (analogous with New Bond Street) and only settled in Trim Street in 1795. A major contributor to the cost of building the new chapel was Henry House senior, who donated £400, and later a plot of land at Lyncombe Vale for use as a burial ground. The majority of the records relate to the later years of the Trim Street Chapel, from the 1930s the 1970s.