Repository
  • Somerset Heritage Centre
Reference number
  • A/ALV
Description
  • Established in 1864, H Nethercott and Sons operated from The Foundry, Roadwater, and also owned Roadwater Garage. Their billheads variously describe them as brass founders, railway key and trunnel makers (1914), concrete block makers and English timber suppliers (1930), agricultural engineers, timber merchants, haulage contractors and proprietors of steam threshers (1940), and agricultural contractors and timber merchants, who also specialise in electric welding, pick-up bailing and agricultural carpenters' repairs (1973).
Date
  • 1853-1990
Access status
  • Open
Level
  • Collection