Papers of the Napper or Napier family of Tintinhull. This collection consists mainly of deed material relating to the Manor of Tintinhull which was purchased by Thomas Napper from Sir Francis Petre and Edward Herrys in 1669. The Napper family already possessed rectorial lands of Tintinhull, purchased as early as 1559. In 1621 the rectory formed part of the marriage settlement of Thomas Napper and Honor Saunders, and in 1658 Honor, in return for an annuity of £100 pa, passed it to her son Thomas as a post-marriage settlement in 1684. The family also owned the advowson of Thorne Coffin from 1673 until its sale by John Napper to his cousin, who later took the name Berkeley Napier.