JOHN HALFYARD AND SONS, WELLINGTON... JOHN HALFYARD AND SONS, WELLINGTON, 1890-1957
JOHN HALFYARD AND SONS, WELLINGTON, 1890-1957
Somerset Heritage Centre
By 1872 John Halfyard had established a coachbuilding business at 13 Fore Street and removed in 1889 to Henley House in North Street, where his business flourished and he became a very well known carriage and 'bus maker. John Halfyard and Sons manufactured for City Councils, hoteliers etc. until 1932 when they sold the business to Richardson's Garages Ltd of High Street. John Halfyard, senior, having died in 1922, was succeeded by his two sons. [J M Richardson came from Coventry and opened Wellington's first motor works in 1903].
This small collection is principally of family papers kept as mementos.