MEMORIAL ALBUM OF THE REV. H T PERFECT... MEMORIAL ALBUM OF THE REV. H T PERFECT, 1866-1901
MEMORIAL ALBUM OF THE REV. H T PERFECT, 1866-1901
Somerset Heritage Centre
A follower of the Oxford Movement, the Rev. Henry Theodore Perfect of Marlborough and Kings College London. Ordained both deacon and priest by Lord Auckland, Bishop of Bath and Wells, he served first at Ilminster, going to Mease in 1857. He became vicar of Pensford (already united with Stanton Drew) in 1866. He was responsible for the restoration, rebuilding and organising the consecration service of Pensford church in 1869. In 1898 Pensford was amalgamated with Publow, and Perfect relinquished his pastorate after 32 years. He was presented with a silver loving cup and an illuminated address.