Repository
  • Somerset Heritage Centre
Reference number
  • A/AAX/1/1-5
Description
  • Described in 1797 as formerly a blacksmith's shop at East end of Hackness Common, parcel of the manor of Huntspill Verney and of a tenement called Tyled House [tithe map parcel 1166]. The premises were conveyed in 1797 by John Acland of Fairfield, Stogursey, to Henry Hembry of Huntspill, who by his will dated 1827 devised them to his wife Margaret, with remainder to his sons Richard and James Hembry (d 1865) and daughter Elizabeth Jeffries. They were acquired by Robert Luff (d 1869) of South Brent in 1866, and by George Lee of Huntspill in 1870. Bundle includes probate of will of George Lee (proved 1904).
Date
  • 1797-1904
Extent
  • 5
Format
  • documents
Access status
  • Open
Level
  • Item