Repository
  • Somerset Heritage Centre
Reference number
  • DD\L/P16/2
Description
  • Copy inspeximus by Edward III of grant (2 Sep 1341) by John de Mohun lord of Dunster to the prior and monks of St George, Dunster of the church of St George and tithes of Dunster including mills and markets; Alcombe, a hide of land between Horstoinsdene, Bamewye towards Southdounerigge, Southdonnerigge street to Stoneburye, the water of Malferlegh, Mulepolisheved of Staunton, the ditch across the way, grove? of Staunton, la Rigge to Mershlane, line from le Witestone to north part toward sea to la Yaledich to la Northepulle to the Fogghelrismersh to Horsewolde, and old ditch in south part to Hortonyscumb; half tithes of Minehead, tithes of Brodwode and Carhampton, Newton, Bramfeld, Stockland and Kilton, two fisheries one at Dunster the other at Carhampton, tithe of horses from the moors and beasts in parks of Dunster, Carhampton and Kilton, pasture of Fogghelrismersh, land of Frekeford, a ferling of land in Cutcombe manor, at Chaldeweille, a ferling between la Stonewalle and Cogbrigge mill, all burgages in Dunster and release of suit to hundred of Minehead, Kilton church and tithes of the manors of Shurton [Sereveton], Cumbe, Codisford and lands of Kynewordisham and Exford, Havelham land which William de Mohun gave, and 3 ferlings of land at Nordecom. Copy, added in another hand, of bull of pope Honorius (19 Nov 1222) confirming grants to the priory of Dunster and Kilton churches and the vill of Alcombe. [Prynne ref. Box 16 no. 2]
Date
  • 12 June 1346
Extent
  • 1
Format
  • document
Access status
  • Open
Level
  • Item