• Somerset Heritage Centre
Reference number
  • D\G\bd
  • Records of the Board of guardians and its officers: Constitution: Abbots Leigh; Bedminster [part]; Backwell; Barrow Gurney; Brockley; Chelvey [annexed to Brockley in 1885]; Clapton; Clevedon; Easton in Gordano or St Georges; Flax Bourton; Dundry; Kenn; Kingston Seymour; Long Ashton; Nailsea; Portbury; Portishead; Walton in Gordano; North Weston [formed part of Portishead prior to 1894]; Tickenham; Winford; Wraxall; Yatton. Under the Bristol Corporation Act of 1897 parts of the parishes of Bedminster (excluding Bishopsworth), Long Ashton and Easton in Gordano were transferred to that city in March 1898 and consequently came under the administration of the Bristol Board of Guardians. The remaining group of parishes continued to be known as the Bedminster Union until 25 March 1899 when it was renamed the Long Ashton Union.
  • 1836-1930
  • 329 volumes, 9 bundles, 4 docs.
Access status
  • Open
  • Collection
Related material
  • For Bedminster Poor Law Union Letter book, consisting of letters received from the Local Government Board, Whitehall, and one draft reply 1873 see A\ASR/1
  • /Long Ashton/Somerset
  • /Bedminster/Somerset