King Edward VI grants to William Herbert the Grange farm called Barton near Bath in ps. Lyncombe, Widcombe, Walcot and Barton, c. Somerset, and all demesne lands formerly belonging to the monastery of Bath now dissolved, also lands known as Kingesmeade le Cayes and Sapers, woods called Sipwells Wood and Midlewoode, meadow called Le Ambrye Orcharde, pasture called The Land of the Church within the parish of Lyncombe and Widcombe, meadows called Le Hampe, Wroggers Meade, Brode Crofte, Longemeade and Ambrye Meade. Also demesne lands within the the Hundred of Barton, pasture called Lez Lawncedon, commons Lez Sleighte, and sheep pastures in p. Walcot and Barton for 360 ewes called the Ewe Flock of Barton and Le Stock of 360 Ewes, currently leased to Henry Bewshyn and wife Elenor, and his sons William and Peter, formerly belonging to the late monastery of Bath.
Also pasture called Le Hayes, and meadows called Syddenham Meade Parke Lande, Estdown, and Bewshyncliff (alias Byshyncliff) in ps. Lyncombe, Widcombe and Walcot.
Also pasture for 322 sheep called the Hoggs Flock now in the tenure of Richard Cooke and Robert Cooke.
Also wood called Warrley Wood belonging to the late monastery of Bath.
Yearly rent for Barton Grange: 29s 4d.
Yearly rent for pasture in Lyncombe and Widcombe: 16s 9d at the feast of St. Michael the Archangel.
[copy made 1865]