Repository
  • B&NES Record Office
Reference number
  • 0574
Description
  • Minutes, accounts, and membership papers of The Harrington Club, a social club situated in Harrington Place in Bath. The Harrington Club was founded as 'The People's Club', or 'The People's Institute', in 1874. It changed its name to The Harrington Club in about 1889 or 1890. Named after Sir John Harrington of Kelston, a Civil War Commander for Parliament, who is known to have stabled his troops on the site and been involved in the Battle of Lansdown in 1643.
Date
  • 1827-2002
Extent
  • 68 volumes
Access status
  • Open
Level
  • Collection