RECORDS OF ARGYLE STREET INDEPENDENT CHAPEL... RECORDS OF ARGYLE STREET INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, 1785-1984
RECORDS OF ARGYLE STREET INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, 1785-1984
B&NES Record Office
Now the Central United Reformed Church in Bath. It was founded in Argyle Street in 1789 as a secession from the Countess of Huntingdon's Chapel in Vineyards, Bath. Further records in the collection relate to chapels in East Twerton (destroyed by bombing), Percy Street (seceded from Argyle in 1835 and rejoined in 1945) and Trinity which replaced the Countess of Huntingdon's Chapel. Trinity Chapel amalgamated with Argyle and Percy Chapels' in 1981 to form the Central U. R. C. Included in the collection are a number of works by William Tuck, a prominent member of Argyle Chapel in the nineteenth century.