BATH FIRE AND AMBULANCE SERVICE... BATH FIRE AND AMBULANCE SERVICE
BATH FIRE AND AMBULANCE SERVICE
B&NES Record Office
Records of Bath Fire and Ambulance Service, 1928-1973. Responsibility for fighting fires in Bath passed from the local insurance offices to a combined force of Police and volunteers in 1891. The Corporation of Bath assumed control in 1909. From 1941 to 1948 the force was part of the National Fire Service (Area 17). In 1974, following the re-organisation of local government the force became part of the County of Avon Fire Brigade.